Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog Post #4

Langwitches Blogs
          In Langwitches first page titled "First Graders Read Thier Own Read-Along Audiobook", I learned quite a lot. I absolutely loved the fact that when the book went to the next chapter, it made a noise so that the children could keep up. Thats a vert good technique to use. It keeps the children quite entertained and up to date on whats going on.
         In Joe Dale's video on the benifits of podcast in the classroom, it gave many tips that are useful. This Video on the page explains alot to me. My favorite thing he said was that the parents can listen and see what their children are doing. I think it is very important for parents to keep a rols in their child education. I also agreee when it talks about promoting innovation and creativity. I believe these days children are having a hard time with creativity because of the technology that does it for them. This way the child has to do it on their own. very good Video. I liked it a lot.
          The last page I am going to talk about is Lanwitches page on podcasting with 1st graders. I absolutely loved how enthusiastic the first graders were to have an audiance. One thing chioldren like is attention, so when it is given to them, they will listen. They want to learn more eagerly and more excited to do the things they are told. Through this page I also learned of the many skills that podcasting teachers younger children. There are lots of skills involved with this. I am very interested in learning more.
podcast

2 comments:

  1. "Thats a vert good technique to use. " That's not thats; very not vert

    "This Video on the page explains alot to me." Awkward. Video on the page? Why not just video? a lot not alot

    " very good Video. I liked it a lot. " All sentences must start with a capital letter.

    "They want to learn more eagerly and more excited to do the things they are told." You need are before more excited.

    "Through this page I also learned of the many skills that podcasting teachers younger children." List or summarize them.

    A minimalist approach to the assignment. You can do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenna,

    I enjoyed reading your blog post # 4. Overall, I think you did a good job! I agree with you that podcasting with your students is an excellent way to engage them in learning. The children looked so happy hearing the responses from their audience. So I think podcasting is a useful tool in the classroom.

    I did find a few mistakes you probably just needed another set of eyes to check your work. Dr. Strange pointed out the few things I saw as well. So I won't repeat them for you, but otherwise you did a good job.

    - "In Joe Dale's video on the benifits of podcast in the classroom, it gave many tips that are useful." benifits is spelled incorrectly it should be "benefits"

    - I would also say to just make complete sentences, and to make sure they all begin with a capital letter.

    - Next time maybe just elaborate on what your thinking from watching the videos. I normally say way too much in my post so that might be why I think you should say more. :)

    Great Job Jenna!

    - Kayla Walker

    ReplyDelete