Thursday, September 20, 2012

C4T #1


Summarization of Annie Palmer's blog
         Annie Palmer posted a blog called " A Better Workshop: Jim Knight's Partnership Approch". This blog went into detail about how important checklists are to the teaching coach and how Jim Knight used seven principles on workshops. Annie made a checklist and it was very deatiled. She gave the audiance many options and even better ways to get people to not be distracted and to talk just as much as they may need to listen. she explains the importance on checklists and how it gets the jobs done and how it fits for goals to be accpomplished.

My comment on Annie Palmer's blog
       I throughly enjoyed Annies post. She went into great deatil and gave me mnay ideas on how to use a checklist and also how to give a crisp presentation. I liked the seven princlples that Jim Knight shared as well. If antyone would like to check it out, its great advice and lots of help. http://www.kucrl.org/partnership/?file=index.html

Summarization of Annie Palmer's Blog #2
     Annie Palmer posted a blog about her first year as a third grade teacher dealing with small math groups. This blog went into detail about how Annie struggled with meeting the needs of students with math, so she wanted to introduce small- group instruction. She separated her students into three groups. One group worked with her doing mini- lessons, one group did independent practice, and the last group would do math games that practiced with math skills.
     At the end of the year only two students said that they wouldn't want to do small groups again. Annie then decided that she liked the small groups, because of the amount of students enjoyed them, and that she would never do whole group math again. Another thing Annie said in this post is how excited she was for her first year as a third grade teacher. Its nice to see a teacher so excited about her job.

My Comment on Annie Palmer's Blog #2
       This post was my favorite post of Annie's that I have yet to read. The way she sounded so excited about her job, and being with her kids as her first year with them really made me happy. It makes me think that I can finish school and really become what I want! I love the idea of the three small groups. The teacher, as well as the students, get more involved and more excited to learn. I struggle with math myself, so it really gives me insight on how to overcome my fear of having to teach any form of math. This post got me excited and an extra boost of energy to complete the tasks that I have in front of me.


teacher teaching math

No comments:

Post a Comment