Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blog Post #7

                                     Wendy Drexler: The Networked Student

        In Wendy Drexler’s video named “The Networked Student”, many different things are discussed. This video talks about a 21st Century high school student. He attends class 3 days a week, which 2 are online. There are no books, and the teacher doesn’t lecture. She wants her student to learn connective learning. She wants her students to take control of learning.

       I really like this style of learning I enjoy how the student has to search blogs around the world. I also like how it builds knowledge base for the student. This day in time, technology is becoming more and more affiliated into education. I like how in the video the 21st century student has an MP3 player that is used for many things. He can communicate with people all around the world, not just listen to music. He listens to lectures on his topic. That’s awesome.

      I only have one negative response to this type of teaching. What were to happen if the student forgot to do an assignment? Or, what would happen if the student broke their MP3 player or computer? I like this style of teaching; it just makes me question a few things. I also see how some people would ask why the teacher is needed. I am glad that she is there for support and guidance though. Overall, I see both sides of this situation. Very interesting video to me.

                                                            7th Graders PLE
       In the video about a 7th grader PLE, She talks about her personal learning environment in detail. I like the way she learns. Her PLE and my PLN are the same within the blog. I like the way she asked for tips from a scientist across the world. This is a very good learning environment. This educates a person in many ways. This video is very interesting. Check it out!
wendy drexler

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I think you did a very good job with your post. It was very well written. Make sure you watch fragment sentences. Make sure your sentences have every part to them. Other than that your did a great job. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna,

    I can see where it would be a problem if a laptop or mp3 player broke. These are certainly issues that will have to be addressed as virtual classrooms progress. Good job on the clickable links and alt and title modifiers on your picture. I noticed your side bar is out of order. Refer to the Instruction Manual for the proper order.

    ReplyDelete