Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blog Post #9

Mr.McClungs

                                                                   Blog Post #9
    In Mr.McClung's "What I've Learned This Year- Volume 4", Mr. Clung talked about two separate things that I liked. He said as a teacher, you must challenge yourself. He stated that if you get bored, or comfortable with your job, how is that making it better for you or the students? I totally agree with that. After doing something for so long, it becomes very easy to become comfortable with yourself in doing whatever it is. As a teacher, if you become comfortable with your job, you tend to get lazy. If you get lazy, you don’t put in as much effort as you could to do the right thing and push your students. Your students see that written all over you. I love this concept that he pointed out.

    The other thing that Mr.McClung said in this blog was to "Dance with Who You Brought to the Dance." This means to no worry so much on what your peers view you as a teacher. He was so worried what others thought about him, that he wasn't focused on actual teaching himself. This is great to keep in mind for me when I become a teacher. I loved this attitude.

    The second blog I read was his "What Ive Learned -2011." I liked how he said to not be afraid to be an outsider. It's ok to be different than other teachers. Don't try to be like everyone else. I love this. This is going to help me too. It's so hard to not fall into being the "typical teacher." I want to be a inspiring teacher. I want to eat lunch with my students and not be scared to be someone they can talk too.
    
     Overall, I really enjoyed reading these posts. It makes me think a lot on how I can be a better teacher. How I don’t have to be afraid to be someone different in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. We'd like to see you expand more on Mr. McClung's pieces of advice and explain the possible significance of how each may impact your career as an educator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I thought you made some very good points, and I enjoyed your take on Mr. McClung's volume 4 post. Complacency is a very difficult thing to avoid, and continually taking on new challenges is one way to avoid it. I also like that you talked about trying to avoid becoming a "typical teacher." Like you, I believe individuality is important in teaching and helps students enjoy the classroom more. The only suggestion I would have would be to add more details. You have some good thoughts, but more of them would be nice. I also struggle with this sometimes, so it's just something for all of us to keep in mind. Despite that one suggestion, it is a very well written post. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete