Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blog Post #8

                                                                  
Richard E. Miller
               Richard E. Miller’s video on “This is How We Dream”, is an extraordinary explanation of the future of technology. In this video, Miller explains the difference between incremental learning, and fundamental learning. He talks about how beautiful the future of writing with technology will be. Some of this I can already see in the education system already. Though some of it, I have to question.

          Miller explains a lot on incremental learning. He talks on how things have changed. Now, students are working more on a laptop or computer instead of paper. There are lectures, documents, and word process available. Miller explains how the desktop lives a dual life. Collaborating work was my favorite part of this lecture, as well as the part I can question. I love the fact that in education now, students can do power points, blogging, as well as making videos to do projects.

           But I often wonder if this gives away too much. Students can get any information offline, so what does this teach them? I agree with Miller when he talks about the beauty of the future of learning. I see how the development in technology has helped many teachers. I see how it can make my job, as a biology teacher, a lot more interesting and motivating. I enjoyed this interesting video.
inspiration
                                                               
                                                       Carly Pugh
           This video brought me to tears. Not only does it make you think about being a person, it makes you think about life. I see exactly why she did it. This works with Dr. Miller exquisitely. It’s about the power of the future. Its about inspiration and motivation. I’m still crying. It’s really an eye opener. I urge anyone, and everyone to watch it. Carly Pugh Video.

                                         Learn to Change, Change to learn
          I completely agree with the arguments in this video when they talk about how much technology is needed more in the classroom. I like when they say that jobs these days do not require the same right or wrong answers. You have to know how to problem solve, and collaborate. There are many challenges in the school system. They will be many more to come. Students these days are not in the same mind set as 20 years ago. Times have changed, people have changed. Therefore, students are keeping up with the changes. As teachers, we must learn to listen to them and hear what they say. I like this video a lot. Really makes you think about how you want to teach. Learn to Change, Change to Learn.
                          
                                                                       Web 2.0
This assignment was given to us by a former classmate. We were told to do a multiple step process. The first assignment was to find something similar to facebook. I picked Ning. Ning offers a variety of things that could help me in the classroom! It uses social integration, forums, and you can organize events instantly. That’s my favorite part. I can be in my classroom, and put together a multiple event for my students. This is a great opportunity and I will definitely use this in the future.

The next assignment was to create a comic strip. I used Make Beliefs Comix. This is a cool way for students to express themselves. I made a comic on how hectic life can get, but to keep your head high! But feel free to go make your own!!! Here is my comic.



My third assignment was to post a poll. I used “Poll Everywhere”. Polls are good for getting students involved with the community outside of school, to get votes, and to learn more about people that surround them. I am going to be a biology teacher, so the poll I did was to see how many students preferred biology over other subjects. Feel free to go on my poll and vote for your favorite sunject. Even though we all know its Biology! <br />


biology teacher

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog post. I thought that Carly’s blog post was amazing too! It is awesome that it had such a strong effect on you. I also agree with what they said in “Learn to Change, Change to learn. Things are changing and we do need to keep up with technology. However, I did not see the post for “EDM310 for Dummies”, “The Chipper Series,” and what video you would like to create or participate in creating. I’m not sure if you may have overlooked it or just forgot to add it to your post. Either way it was number 3 on the blog post instructions.
    I think the scavenger hunt on Web 2.0 was a great learning experience. I liked your comic you did for this part of the post. Like you, I also created a poll for this assignment. I think this will be a great tool to use when I become a teacher. I did find a few grammatical errors in your post. In the first paragraph in the sentence, “Some of this I can already see in the education system already.” I would rewrite it, “some of this I can already see in the education system.” In the third paragraph I would not start that paragraph with “But”… I would start it with “I often wonder….”
    In the “Carly Pugh’s post” paragraph I would say that it worked with Dr. Miller’s video exquisitely rather than just worked with Dr. Miller exquisitely. In the sixth sentence, “Its” should be “It’s.” In “Web 2.0” post I would not start the sentence, “But feel free to make your own!!!”, instead say, “Feel free to make your own!!!” One last thing, at the very end your html code is showing in your post. Overall, other than the mistakes I listed here and the missing part, it was a good post.

    ReplyDelete