Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blog Post #10

                                                                 John T. Spencer

     I think this cartoon is explaining how the difference in the quality, and assurance. I think Mr. Spencer is saying that pencils are useful in the classrooms, but technology is needed as well. Just because something is less expensive doesn't mean it is the best. The paper mate pencil may be useful for a while, but eventually it runs out. It may not be enough for a long while. While the other expensive item will last a long time.
playing games


                                              Why were your kids playing games?

        I liked reading Mr. Spencer's blog post "Why Were Your Kids Playing Games." I think this is a great example of how teachers get frowned upon. the teacher was simply trying to make this lesson fun. Teachers are expected to go by guidelines that are step by step. The principle simply didn't understand why the teacher did what Mr.Spencer was trying to do. Teaching should be fun. Teaching students shouldn't always be so strict and step-by-step. Students need to stay interested in what is going on in the classroom, if they get bored, they will not listen as well. I see Mr. Spencer's side completely. He was just trying to grasp the students attention while teaching them the lesson. I see where the principle may run a strict school and may want his teachers to be on a strict schedule, but at the same time he has to see where Mr. Spencer was bringing out creativity as well as fun into his lesson.

                                      Dont teach your kids this stuff, please?
      I have to admit that when I first started reading this post I was getting upset. After a few minutes, I seen the sarcasm. I liked the point that Dr.McLeod made. Its funny to me how people these days do not see the advances that technology brings to education. In Dr.Mcleod's post, he definitely expressed his feelings on the situation. Today, technology in classrooms makes for a smarter, easier, and more efficient learning environment. Students are learning more and more through technology. It keeps them interested and stable. I enjoyed reading this post. I feel many people out there who believe that technology in the classroom isn't good, should definitely read this post. Thank you Dr.McLeod.

1 comment:

  1. You understood McLeod. I am not so sure about Spencer. Mr. Spencer uses satire and metaphors. Dr. Mcleod uses sarcasm. Many students miss understand the use of these writing techniques. Watch for a detailed explanation in the class blog next week.

    ReplyDelete