Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blog Post #11

Ms. Cassidy
Ms. Cassidy has shown me a lot. During her Skype conversation with Dr. Strange, she really caught my attention. The fact that Ms. Cassidy has been in technology ten years blew my mind. I was sad to see that her administer wasn't so supportive of her technology work though. I like that she sends permission slips home with the students on the first week of school for parents to know that her students will be using technology. I think that it's very important for parents t be involved with their children's work. Thats one reason why I like the blogging in classrooms so much, so parents can see their children's classwork. I was interested to learn that blog's give children inspiration through the audience that they see them. 
One technique I would use in my classroom that Ms.Cassidy uses is page views on her students blog. It is very good to me to know that students gets so excited by seeing how many people view and read their blogs. They know that people from around the world see their blog, which makes them stay focused. I love that Ms.Cassidy used Wiki. I never heard of that before watching her video. I think thats an amazing too. I also like that she Skype's with classrooms across the world. I often use Skype to connect with friends in different states. It is very good to know that there are other classes around the world that are doing the same thing that they are. Just so they are not alone. I like that she agrees that teachers should be technologically literate. Students these days are using technology more and more, and in order to keep up with them, you must do the same. I find it interesting that Ms. Cassidy doesn't use technology in her personal life.   
I like that they discuss Twitter. At first, I was skeptical about Twitter myself. I didn't have a Twitter until this class. I have grown to love it. Overtime, following people gives out great information. It definitely helps with your PLN. Twitter can help by new teachers. Following other teachers, who have taught a long time, can give you ideas of things to do in your classroom. 
I feel her first grade students are very intelligent. She blogs with her students once a week. I find that very helpful. Ms.Cassidy has shown me a lot and informed me on more than I thought she would. This definitely has shown me a new perspective. I like how she brought up how to use blogs in Physical Education. I am going to be a P.E teacher, and I was thinking the same thing. By posting practice times, test rimes, days to change out or not, or simply class times, can help in that way. 
I enjoyed this Skype conversation. This has helped me a lot. If anyone has questions on blogging, or second thoughts, you should definitely watch this. 
Skype

3 comments:

  1. I reallly liked your post. I did notice that you didnt have a link in your blog. It was very well written and Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thats one reason why I like..." That's, not Thats

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenna! You did a good job of fitting all the information possible into your post. However, I did find some mistakes, sorry.

    Right off the bat, I noticed that you use short choppy sentences. Make sure to re-read your post before you submit it to make sure it reads good. It should sound like you are actually talking about this subject. We don't talk in short, choppy sentences so there is no reason to write like we do. Also, you did not include a link in your post. It's fine with me because I've already seen the video you are talking about. Not everyone who is seeing this blog, however, knows what video you are talking about so keep that in mind.

    "...for parents t(o) be involved..." Typos, they happen.
    "That(')s one reason why..." Just need an apostrophe, no biggie.
    "...so much, so parents..." Comma splice. Take it out.
    "...learn that blog's give children..." Take out the apostrophe. Blogs are not possessive.
    "...that students gets so excited..." 'students' and 'gets' do not agree. It should read 'students get'
    "I think that(')s an amazing too(l)." You need an apostrophe and you had a typo.

    Always make sure to re-read your post. Most of the problems I found were simple fixes and no big deal. So, before you hit submit on your next post, be sure to re-read what you've typed. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete